Welcome to another installment of Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This weeks theme is books by my favorite authors that I still haven’t read yet. I’m so excited to share my picks and then I’ve got some homework to do on how to incorporate them into my current TBR stack!
1. PET SEMATARY by Stephen King is one of my most anticipated reads. This year I begun my King journey and he quickly escalated to one of my favorite authors. I was going to list THE SHINING, but since we just talked about how I’ll be reading that one in October, I figured I would chat about another King book that I’m looking forward to reading soon. I was thrilled when this one was picked for our January selection, as I’ve heard a lot of good reviews from Constant Readers.
2. THE DOLL’S HOUSE by M.J. Arlidge is the third installment of his Helen Grace series. I have absolutely no good reason to have not continued by Helen Grace journey. I own several books in the series and I absolutely love the two I have read so far. Clearly this one needs to be a priority to slot into my TBR.
3. ENDLESS NIGHT by Agatha Christie is one of those well loved Christie novels that gets all kinds of praise…and I haven’t read it! At the beginning of this year I very much wanted to make it a goal to read or reread one Christie novel a month and have failed miserably. I’m hoping to get to this one soon, as I really think it will be a perfect Fall read.
4. THE BAT by Jo Nesbo is gracing two back to back TTT lists because quite frankly I need to reinforce with myself to start this series. I’m eyeing November as my series read launch date. Having read several standalones and THE SNOWMAN by Nesbo, I know I love his writing, so I think I’ll have zero troubles keeping a goal of one a month once I start.
5. MASTER OF THE MOORS by Kealan Patrick Burke is one of his works that I think gets less attention, but the cover just draws me to wanting to read it. This past year I have really fallen in love with Burke’s writing and I’m eager to explore all of his books. I actually just picked up Burke’s latest short story collection DEAD LEAVES: 9 TALES FROM THE WITCHING SEASON to add to my October TBR.
6. IRENE by Pierre Lemaitre is book one of a series centered around detective Camille Verhoeven. I told you last week about how I loved BLOOD WEDDING by Lemaitre and wanting to read an upcoming release by him. This is one his older works that I very much want to go back and read through, along with the rest of the series.
7. METHOD 15/33 by Shannon Kirk was immediately added to my radar after reading and loving IN THE VINES by Kirk a few months ago. I was blown away and Kirk quickly was placed on my list of authors to read more by.
8. PRETTY GIRLS by Karin Slaughter has been on my radar for quite some time. I recently listed to THE GOOD DAUGHTER and quickly joined the #slaughtersquad! I’ve heard rave reviews about the audiobook version of this book, so it’s hitting my library hold list soon.
9. BROKEN HARBOR by Tana French is the fourth installment of the Dublin Murder Squad. I absolutely love this series, yet I find myself never able to consistently pick them up. I think the fact that each book focuses on not only another case, but also another character is the best part about this series. Often you only follow a set group of characters, which is something I also enjoy, but it’s refreshing and fun to get to know so many members of the squad within these books.
10. THE LAST TIME I LIED by Riley Sager came out this summer and I immediately added it to my Book of the Month box. I also promptly left it on my shelf. Why? I don’t know!! I loved FINAL GIRLS and I know I’m going to love this one, so it’s really just a case of not sticking to my TBR.