Who’s this? Me? Back to back weeks of Top Ten Tuesday posts?
I’m really loving the upcoming topics for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl), so I’m hoping to fully commit to consistency of posting. I love lists, so it only seems natural that I would be drawn to these!
This post is all about my Winter TBR and what books/series I’m most excited to be picking up. It was really hard to narrow down my selections, but I went with some that came to mind first. Since I’m planning to add more series reading into my 2019 TBR, I wanted to highlight a few of those, along with some new releases, and of course Stephen King.
1. AN ANONYMOUS GIRL by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen: Unless you’re new to the book blogging/bookstagram world, you’ve likely already heard about this book. You witnessed the hype for THE WIFE BETWEEN US everywhere and the anticipation of what Hendricks and Pekkanen would come up with next! I loved everything about THE WIFE BETWEEN US, so I’m over the moon to have my hands on an advanced copy of this book. It will likely be the first thing I read for 2019.
2. PET SEMATARY by Stephen King: Another first book for the new year will be PET SEMATARY. I watched the original movie adaptation of this book many, many years ago and since starting my King journey I knew it was one of the books I wanted to get to early on. I am thrilled that it is our January selection and can’t wait to see if I love it!
3. THE BONE KEEPER by Luca Veste: This book is already available in the UK and I have almost purchased it from Book Depository on countless occasions. Now that it’s finally going to be available in the US, the time has come to read it! I have seen a ton of rave reviews, so I have zero doubts I am going to love this book.
4. The Harry Hole series by Jo Nesbo: If you saw my weekly reads post yesterday, you already know I’m ending my reading week with THE REDBREAST and fully plan to continue the series into 2019. I love Harry Hole and Nesbo’s writing never fails to come through as both engaging and entertaining.
5. The Dark Iceland series by Ragnar Jonasson: While we’re on the topic of continuing amazing Nordic Noir series’ we must talk Dark Iceland! I am in the midst of NIGHTBLIND right now and I am enjoying everything about the book. I really love Ragnar’s writing style and how easy it is to fall into one of his books.
6. The Children’s House series by Yrsa Sigurdardottir: I have been dying to pick up one of Yrsa’s books for quite a while now and figured what better time to start than jumping into a series still early on. THE LEGACY came out this past year and THE RECKONING will be hitting shelves in February in the US.
7. THE NOWHERE CHILD by Christian White: I hadn’t heard of this book until the kind people at Minotaur Books sent it my way. The minute I read the synopsis I was drawn to the story. Bonus, this book has been released earlier and Christian White, who is a debut author, won the Victorian Premier’s Literary Award, which Jane Harper won for THE DRY, a book that I absolutely adored!
8. CHANGELING by Matt Wesolowski: Did you have any doubts this book would make my list after you read my fangirl review for HYDRA? Matt Wesolowski is easily one of my favorite authors that I started reading in 2018. The guy is a genius! Seriously, if you haven’t read SIX STORIES or HYDRA, please go pick them up!
9. DUMA KEY by Stephen King: DUMA KEY is actually a King book I hadn’t heard much about prior to joining bookstagram. I think this book is widely loved, but generally goes under the radar. Since so many constant readers have given it positive reviews, I’m excited for it to be our February selection. Now to choose what edition to buy…
10. BEAUTIFUL BAD by Annie Ward: I just found out I won a copy of BEAUTIFUL BAD in a giveaway and I couldn’t be happier about adding it onto my Winter TBR! I love a good domestic thriller and this one sounds like it has all the makings of a winner!