Welcome to another installment of Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl). This week is all about recent additions to your TBR list. I decided to do a combination of books I’ve added to my Goodreads list and my Amazon wish list. Why the combo? A lot of times I browse Amazon after finding a book on #bookstagram or from a blog and drop it in my wish list, but never add it to my Goodreads. I figured combining the two would be a more accurate representation of some of the books I’d like to read soon.
1. THE SAME DEEP WATER AS YOU by Chad Lutzke: I just wrapped up two novellas by Chad and absolutely adored them both! I think he has an incredible gift for bringing characters to life and creating meaningful stories in a small amount of pages. There are several other novellas I want to read of Chad’s but if I had to pick a top contender it would be this beauty!
2. THE RUST MAIDENS by Gwendolyn Kiste: If you follow any horror bookstagramers you’ve likely seen this book at least once. The cover is absolutely stunning and I have heard non-stop praise for Kiste’s writing, so this book is naturally sitting in my Amazon cart begging me to purchase it!
3. HALCYON by Rio Youers: I bought this book immediately after reading a review from Janel (check it out here). What sold me? Aside from the amazing sounding plot and stunning cover, Janel mentions that it gave her major Doctor Sleep vibes. Purchased! I snagged the UK cover featured above as a gift to myself recently and now need to do some TBR shuffling!
4. THE BETTER SISTER by Alafair Burke: Burke’s THE WIFE was a complete sleeper hit for me in 2018. When it was selected for Criminally Good Book Club’s December pick I thought it would be just another thriller, but it was so much better than I ever could have anticipated! I feel in love with Burke’s writing style and once I saw she had another book coming out in April, I immediately added it to my TBR.
5. THE WHITE ROAD & THE THREE by Sarah Lotz: I read a short story by Sarah Lotz over the winter and was blown away. Enter another stunning review from Janel for THE THREE (check it out here) and her recommendation for THE WHITE ROAD. Both of these sound absolutely amazing and I’m looking forward to hopefully getting to them in 2019!
6. RESIN by Ane Riel: The blogging world sold me hard on this book! So much so that I purchased my copy from Book Depository recently. The premise has horror meets thriller meets crime fiction vibes that essentially sum up my current reading pattern and I can’t wait to get to it! Plus, can we talk about that cover?? Wow!
7. THE DROWNING by J.P. Smith: This lovely book just hit US shelves on the January 8th and has been calling my name. Ever since reading THE LAST TIME I LIED I’ve had a summer camp gone wrong hole in my heart that needs filled. This book has that plus a ghost story!
8. THE SWITCH HOUSE by Tim Meyer: This book is another one that I’ve been dreaming of since finding it through the horror #bookstagram community. The premise is about a reality show where people switch house and one couple coming home to find their house looks the same, but something is deeply wrong. I will definitely be trying to add this supernatural thriller to my TBR soon!
9. THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin: I have been eyeing this book and the rest in the trilogy for an eternity, but could never work up the commitment to pick them up. Post apocalyptic tales are something I absolutely love and now that this trilogy has become a TV series, perhaps I’ll finally have the nudge I need to get started!
10. HORRORSTOR by Grady Hendrix: If we’re being honest, I have everything of Hendrix’s on my TBR list after reading and loving MY BEST FRIEND’S EXORCISM, but this book really calls to me. I love that the whole book is based around IKEA and has that same fun, campy vibe I got from his previous book!