Welcome to another installment of Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl). I took a few weeks off from posting these due to a busy schedule, but I’m happy to be back! Today I’ll be sharing book on my Spring TBR!
Spring is filled with amazing new releases that I am anticipating getting my grabby hands on and putting them in my immediate TBR!
1. MY LOVELY WIFE by Samantha Downing: Since Spring technically starts tomorrow, I’m starting off this list with my reading choice for tonight. I have been dying to get to this book and I’m thrilled that the time has finally arrived! A debut thriller being called a combination of Dexter and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, sign me up!
2. CALL ME STAR GIRL by Louise Beech: Last year Beech’s THE LION TAMER WHO LOST gave me all the feels and I fell in love with her writing style. When I found out Beech was going to release a thriller, I begged my heart out for a copy. I am so excited to have this one sitting towards the top of my April reads!
3. LITTLE DARLINGS by Melanie Golding: This book!! Talk about a book designed for me! This one centers around a mother who is confident she saw someone come in the middle of the night to her hospital room and swap her twins for their own. How creepy! I also heard that this one just got picked up for a movie!
4. THE LAST by Hanna Jameson: Speaking of books made for me…THE LAST is being hailed as Stephen King meets Agatha Christie, which is basically a literary dream for me. I am counting down the days until my copy arrives in the mail!
5. CARRIE by Stephen King: I’ve loved every King read-along selection we’ve done so far this year and I’m really looking forward to tackling CARRIE in April. I remember watching this movie as a kid and being floored over it. It’ll definitely be a bit strange going into this one knowing so much about the movie, but I still think it’ll be a hit!
6. BEFORE SHE KNEW HIM by Peter Swanson: I recently realized what a lame bookworm I had been all these years after I picked up ALL THE BEAUTIFUL LIES by Swanson. I have two other backlist titles of his on my shelf that I plan to tackle this year, but his new release, BEFORE SHE KNEW HIM, is getting to the front of the line. My two favorite Instagram book clubs (Criminally Good Book Club & Black Heart Reads) are teaming up for April and this is the book pick!
7. INSPECTION by Josh Malerman: If you follow me on Instagram you know I’m a Night Worms subscriber and this beauty is coming in the April box! I loved BIRD BOX and have been dying to read some more Malerman, so I can’t wait to receive this one!
8. THE ISLAND by Ragnar Jonasson: Last year Jonasson launched his Hidden Iceland series with THE DARKNESS and I fell in love with the protagonist, Hulda! I am beyond excited for the second book in this series to release in May and will be snatching up a copy ASAP!
9. Vanda Symon’s Sam Shephard series: Last year I stalked the Orenda blog tour for OVERKILL and decided I needed to read the book for myself. Well, as it happens, my TBR got out of control and I never got there. Next month I’m fixing this completely. I will be reading OVERKILL and book two in the series, THE RINGMASTER. I am so excited to start this series and escape to New Zealand!
10. Gerald’s Game by Stephen King: I really wanted to watch the Netflix movie based off this book, but I’m always that person who wants to read the book first. GERALD’S GAME is our May selection for my monthly King read-along and I’m hoping to love it!
THE HUNTING PARTY by Lucy Foley: This book has been on my to read list for an eternity and I physically own a copy now, which means it’s time to get to it! I have quite a few reviewing responsibilities coming up, but I’m hoping this book squeezes into my TBR.
DAISY JONES & THE SIX by Taylor Jenkins Reid: This book falls outside of my normal reading comfort zone, but after being pushed to read THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO last year (and falling madly in love), I’ve decided I want to be part of the hype for this book! I just snagged my copy from Book of the Month, but I’ve also heard that the audiobook is amazing, so now I just need to decide!
Disclosure: What Jess Reads is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This in no way influences my opinion of the above book.